[me] How we can get so side tracked, so quickly and easily. Do we really realize "how powerful He[God] is, how holy He is, and how majestic He is."
From ROH:
"Years ago, my pastor preached through the book of Habakkuk. I remember he preached a powerful message on chapter 2, verse 20: “The LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him.”
As I meditated on that passage during that sermon, God was weighing heavily on me with the truth of how powerful He is, how holy He is, and how majestic He is. By the end of that message, I could hardly breathe. I felt a righteous fear of the Lord—not an inappropriate dread, but an awesome fear of God’s presence.
And then do you know how quickly we snapped out of that moment as soon as the final amen was said? The music starts playing, and we’re talking about everything on the planet other than God. I mean, people are talking and chatting. I’m not being critical; I’m just staying we don’t know God. We’re not really seeing God.
Now, I’m not saying that every time we come to church it should be in hushed tones, and nobody should talk about anything like the weather or sports or whatever. But there is something when you are really in the presence of God that is awesome. It makes you tremble."
No comments:
Post a Comment